Thursday 4 July 2013

Review: Formula 10.0.6 Mud Mask - Pores Be Pure, No Time To Shine, Deep Down Detox & Keep Your Cool


Pores Be Pure Skin Clarifying Mud Mask: Pores Be Pure claims to be "skin-refining" & "eliminates impurities". The mask contains berry boosters to work on clogged pores as well as strawberry & rosemary to eliminate impurities & yarrow to clarify skin.

This mud mask also contains two different clays. Kaolin, is quite a mild clay and suitable for most skin types. Kaolin clay draws out impurities and cleanses the skin. The other clay is Bentonite, which detoxifies, exfoliates & cleanses the skin, as well as drawing out toxins.

The mask has a light strawberry fragrance & is a pale pink colour. This mask is definitely a favourite of mine! I feel that it does what it claims to do & my face is left feeling smooth & fresh. I have almost finished my first tube & have already got a back up lined up!

No Time To Shine Oil Absorbing Mud Mask: No Time To Shine claims to "draw out and eliminate excess oil". The mask contains Kaolin & sea minerals to eliminate excess oils. It also contains Calendula & sea kelp to balance & tone skin. Calendula also has anti-inflammatory & antibacterial properties. The mask also contains Bentonite clay.

The mask has a light pleasant smelling fragrance & is a light green colour. The mask left my skin feeling smooth & didn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. This mask would be great for those with oily/combination skin & those prone to frequent break outs.

Deep Down Detox Ultra-Cleansing Mud Mask : Deep Down Detox claims to be "super-cleansing" & gives a "clearer, brighter complexion". The mask contains orange to recharge your skin, sea salt to cleanse & bergamot to balance.

This is another one of my favourites! It smells like oranges & is of course, an orange colour. This mask always leaves me feeling refreshed & my skin looks brighter! I would recommend this mask for all skin types as it is non drying and doesn't leave your skin feeling tight like some masks do.

Keep Your Cool Breakout Calming Mask: Keep Your Cool claims to "reduce the appearance of nasty breakouts". The mask contains peppermint to purify & refresh & coconut to relieve blemishes.

I've been meaning to blog about this mask for a while as it is different to your usual mask! You apply the mask on as usual, leave it on for the recommended time allowing the mask to absorb into the skin. Ok now here's the thing - instead of washing it off, you massage the mask into your skin, then blot any excess off with a tissue! So it basically is a mask which turns into a face moisturiser!

According to the bottle, it is perfect to wear under makeup. I tried this a few times instead of using my usual under makeup moisturiser & this works a treat! If you are going to wear this under your foundation, be sure the foundation contains SPF as this mask does not.

The mask has a subtle peppermint scent & is light green in colour. I would recommend this mask for all skin types as it is quite gentle on the skin.This mask can be used daily, unlike the other masks in this range which are recommended for use only 2-3 times a week.

Summary: Formula 10.0.6 masks are definitely worth the $8.99 price tag & there is one to suit every skin type! Although the masks are quite thick, it spreads well. A little goes a long way & I find I can get about 15 uses out of each bottle.

The only downside is on the first use, your skin feels a little tingly. Apparently this is normal & means the mask is working on your skin, so don't get put off by this! I found as my skin got used to the masks, I would no longer get this feeling.

All in all, I highly recommend these masks to anyone that is looking for a reasonably priced mask that works!

1 comment: