Sunday 25 August 2013

Review: Maybelline Dream Pure BB

After hearing all the hype surrounding BB creams, I decided to purchase Maybelline's new Dream Pure BB in the medium shade. This particular BB cream is formulated for oily skin & contains 2% Salicylic Acid which helps clear & prevent pimples & skin blemishes.


According to the bottle it has an 8 in 1 function which is to:

1 Conceal imperfections
2 Helps protect against the appearance of blemishes
3 Oil free, non greasy
4 Minimises the appearance of pores
5 Clarifies the skin's look
6 Conceals redness
7 Hydrates & smoothes
8 Complements skin tone


This BB cream can be worn with or without moisturiser & has a sheer coverage. However, in saying that, coverage is buildable. I found a little goes a long way & using a concealer under it, worked a treat for covering blemishes. It also helped to even my skin tone & left my skin looking natural.

The BB feels quite light on the face & is perfect for days you just want a natural look that foundation just doesn't give you. It does have a slight fragrance, but it is not noticeable once applied. The cream has a SPF of 15, however I would recommend still using sunscreen if going out in the sun.

Overall, I am pleasantly suprised with Maybelline's BB cream & would definitely recommend it. I was a little hesitant after trying Palmer's version, which left my face looking blotchy & didn't match my skin tone, but Maybelline's version exceeded my expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment