Friday 12 July 2013

Review: Rimmel Apocalips

I'm a little late on the bandwagon with this, but better late than never..hey?


There were 3 colours in particular that I had my eye on in this range out of 8: Nova, Apocaliptic & Stellar. As I have way too many lip products, I decided to get only one - Apocaliptic. Apocaliptic is probably best described as a hot pink/ fuschia colour. It is highly pigmented & leaves a glossy finish.


I really liked the lid on the lacquer. It's not so clear in the above picture, but it has a chiseled jewel tip. As the lacquer is highly pigmented, there is no need for any other product on the lip except maybe a lip liner under to increase longevity.


I found this product looked lovely on my lips however, it transferred easily onto my glass, so if you are going out to eat or drink, this lacquer is probably best avoided. In general, it lasted a few hours before fading, so top ups may be needed!

All in all, an ok product but unfortunately I will not go rushing out to buy other colours from this range as I expected it to be longer lasting than it actually was. The lacquer also doesn't set & is a little drying as it wears off. A little disappointed as I had high hopes for this product.

What are your thoughts on the apocalips range?

No comments:

Post a Comment