Friday 5 April 2013

Move over MAC...Hello Bourjois!!


I really like MAC products, but I have never been 100% satisfied with the MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation that I had been using for the last 6 years. Prior to using MAC, my 'go to' foundation was Revlon Colorstay which I admit I came back to just before trying out Bourjois Flower Perfection Foundation.

In the 6 years that I used MAC SFF, I occasionally tried other foundations. I tried everything from Maybelline, Loreal to Laura Mercier & Dior hoping to find my HG foundation. Without any success, I always came crawling back to my trusty MAC SFF.

I really liked the coverage, finish & lasting power of MAC SFF. The only thing (& probably the most important) that I disliked was the colour, it was always a little orangey. I tried mixing it with other foundations, tried different shades, I even tried different formulations - MAC Pro Longwear, MAC Studio Sculpt - nothing matched perfectly. In the end, I thought to myself there is no point forking out the cash for something I wasn't entirely satisfied with - so the hunt began.

Earlier this year I went to Priceline to pick up a few items I needed & thought I might check out the foundations whilst I was there. Bourjois Flower Perfection caught my eye & hearing the many good raves I thought I'd give it a go!


The pump on the bottle means less wastage which is great, although the sponge under the lid is pretty useless! The colour that I got is pretty much the closest match to my skin so far & I'm loving the silky matte finish. The product is medium to full coverage & seems to last the day without feeling too heavy on the skin. I think I may have found my new HG foundation!

What is your favourite Bourjois foundation?

2 comments:

  1. Bourjois is owned by Chanel so maybe that's why you love it!

    I love Bourjois makeup in general, fantastic quality for that price point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes that is probably why I love it!

      I agree that for the price their products are great quality. I really like their blushes too & can't wait to try their other products! :)

      Delete