Sunday 10 March 2013

Araluen's Fremantle Chilli Festival

Being chilli lovers, M & I decided to head down to the Fremantle Chilli Festival to see what was on offer. There were so many stalls selling everything from chilli plants to chilli beer, chilli sauces, chilli meats & chilli cheeses.

Our first stop was the Matso's stall where we each had a Matso's alcoholic ginger beer & a Matso's chilli beer to share. Not being a huge beer fan, but wanting to try something different, I hesitantly tried the chilli beer, which was quite strong and left a chilli burn at the back of my throat. M (who enjoys a few beers from time to time) didn't really enjoy the beer either, so that was a bit of a waste! 

Next stop, we went to a few stalls offering free tastings. At one stall in particular, I tried 5 of the hottest chilli sauces (hotness rating being 9-10 out of 10). I was fine with the first 4, but with the 5th, I had the hottest mouth burn & my ears were hurting so bad, lasting about 5 minutes or so. Luckily I had my ginger beer to temporarily relieve the burn (probably not the best option though!).

Anyway here are some pics of the day and some goodies we walked away with:







No comments:

Post a Comment