Sunday 17 March 2013

Get Organised: Nail Polish

For a while now I have been thinking about a simple way of organising my polishes. Now I don't have a large collection by any means, but having my nail polishes scattered around and looking for a particular shade was becoming a mission. So I invested in a small cosmetic bag, which at the time was perfect. 

Since then my collection was slowly growing and the bag was becoming too full to close & did not provide enough room for the polishes to stand upright so sure enough, there were some spillages! I upgraded to a bigger bag from Forever New which now perfectly fits all my polishes & other bits & pieces for my nails. However one problem was still apparent, to find the shade I was after I had to pull the nail polishes up one by one to see what colour it was. 

I toyed with the idea of sticking stickers to the lids of the polishes, with the shades painted on, although after I made up a few stickers I could see this wasn't going to be a long term solution for me. The stickers were already starting to move around & lift. I decided the best way was to dab a little of the nail colour onto the lid directly & this seemed to produce a better result!




A few storage tips..

* Always keep the bottle upright as this prevents leaks and the lid being stuck on with polish.

*Keep your polishes stored in a cool, dark place away from sunlight to extend the shelf life.

*After you have finished painting your nails, wipe the neck of the bottle to prevent the lid becoming sealed on with the polish.

If you have any tips you would like to share that I have missed, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment